Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Drama, Drama, Drama

Drama of the day, Tuesday, May 8, 2007

First, Logan begs to go out and play this morning before preschool while I get Chelsea ready. "I promise I won't get muddy," he says to me. I call him to hop in the car and what do you know?!!! Mud up and down his back side, we had to change all of his clothes. Once again, late for preshool.

P.S. After preschool I spent the rest of the day cleaning up ants. Ants in the basement (covering my computer and computer desk), ants in the bathroom, ants in the living room. If there's a window, they're coming in.

The reason I've decided to do 'Drama of the Day' is because it seems like there's always something. I swear our family could have it's own sitcom. Here's a look at our past week.

Monday, April 30:
MIL home sick gets threatening phone call from some unknown drunk man, very creepy, will need Ryan to escort her to work to be sure she's safe. 12pm, Chelsea and Carey get rear-ended in Lawrence. Is Chelsea okay? Should I worry about her weak neck? I opt not to take her in as she is acting fine, but later feel bad and swear next time if in doubt, just take her!

Tuesday, May 1:
Ryan escorts MIL to work, no psycho today, she insists she'll be fine. Whew... Logan comes to Chelsea's speech therapy after preschool, oh great, rash all over his body! What is this?! No other symptoms, so we don't panic.

Wednesday, May 2:
I go to check on Logan like always before I turn in for the night and he's on fire, sure enough fever 102!!! Tylenol, then watch him like a hawk. He's starting to cough a little bit, hmmm.

Thursday, May 3:
Logan's acting fine today! Yipee, but still no preschool until he's fever free 24 hours, so he comes w/ me to Jazzercise. Surely he's fine though, he's hopping off the walls. After nap Chels and Logan playing and Chelsea chokes on something and can't get it out. I call 911, 23 minutes later the ambulance arrives, she's fine (Thank God!). They urge me to take her in for an xray since it's an unknown object, so off we go in the ambulance. Nothing shows up, watch her poop. I miss my scheduled pedicure with my mom and 2 sisters...ugh! 3 hours later we pick up Logan at Dad's, he's burning up again! Fever, 102.4, more coughing, uhoh, we're leaving for Kirksville tomorrow,...maybe.

Friday, May 4:
We've got to get Logan to the doctor. Checks him out, diagnosis, croup. What?!!! Dr. says we can take him, but keep him isolated as he's contagious until he's fever free for 24 hours. Oh, yeah, okay. Don't want to miss Hannah's graduation, so here we go! Arrive 10:30pm, hang out for a while and hit they hay around midnight. Guess what, Logan was fine all day and by the time he showers and hops in bed, fever is 103.4!!! Tylenol, then attempt to sleep, yeah right, Logan in between mom and dad!

Saturday, May 5:
Graduation day. Frantically we're running late for the 2pm graduation (no big surprise, we've only had all day to get ready!) Logan has a melt down, okay, he's not going. Ryan stays at B&B so Logan can get a nap. Sooooo lucky we didnt' get poured on at graduation, it was very threatening all afternoon. Food, party, loud crazy, tired kids all evening. Turn in around 10 pm, guess who has a fever again?! You got it, Logan.

Sunday, May 6:
Rainy all day in Kirksville. Good for sleeping, although we weren't getting much shut eye at all. Logan slept in the playpen last night (his chocie) and Chelsea was in between us. She's quite a mover and kicker in her sleep! We head home around 1:15. Chelsea sleeps 3 hours in the car, but, .... she's coughing. She's exhausted. Let's get them to bed early, okay? Arrive home around 7pm. Bathe the kids, go to put on pj's. CRAP!!! Ants are all over in Logan's room. All over his books, bookcase, toys, wall, window, you name it! They're everywhere. We spent the rest of the night cleaning ants! Ahhhhhh...does this ever end?

Monday, May 7:
3:30 am. Chelsea awakes with a pathetic little cry. Coughing, and fever. Here we go again. Logan's actually quiet over night, I gave him Tylenol before he got the fever. Finally getting smart, I've got it figured out! Chelsea won't go back to sleep unless I'm holding her. That doesn't work for me, so in bed with us she goes. With all the coughing and thunder, there's no chance of sleep. Dad heads for the couch. Call TARC to cancel speech this morning, but notice on the TV, TARC is closed, so is every single school in our city! What's going on??? Our city is flooded from the crazy rain over the weekend!

Ahhh, and that brings us to Tuesday, today, and you know how today ends. It's 10pm, time for me to go to bed, but I'll probably stay up on the computer another hour. Why? Well, it's the only time I get alone to try and recapture a bit of sanity!

No comments: