We're home. Fortuneately she wasn't miserably hungry this morning when we took her in. I woke her and fed her at llpm, so she did really well, didn't even cry for it really. It took FOREVER to get going! Needless to say I'm not all that impressed w/ the hospital! We waited for 2 1/2 hours to get into surgery!!! The medicine to relax her was wearing off and she was a grump.
He said everything went great, it took about 30 minutes to put in the tubes. Afterwards I got to go into the recovery room once she started to wake up a little bit. I sat in a rocking chair and they wrapped a warm blanket around her and she would lift her head a little then go back to sleep. It's so funny b/c a male nurse came by while in recovery to tell me how cute she was. Amazing how she can still charm people when she's knocked out! Her heart rate and oxygen was great! No problems at all coming out of the anesteshia. Once the nurse checked everything out and felt she was fine, she sent us to a post-op room. I stood up with her and followed the nurse with the crib and Chelsea lifted her head and started to cough. I looked around me and said I think she's going to throw up, but noone heard me I guess, then sure enough out came all the pink antibiotic they had given her before surgery, all over the floor (I knew to hold her away from me, I didn't want it all over my tshirt!)
We also had an order from her dr. to do a CBC, so they sent someone down to draw her blood. UGH! I asked him if he was good with young children, and he said very seriously, I don't know until I look at her. He was super grouchy, made me lay her down on the bed, not good bedside manner at all! I wish I would have requested someone else b/c he didn't get her on the first stick and was wiggling around in there trying to find the vein. So he decided to do a heel stick which is really painful. He has to continue sqeezing her little foot until he gets enough blood. I think she was really traumatized after that. She's been super cranky since then. She's cried more this afternoon than her whole life! I feel so bad the only thing that calms her is to nurse. Just now I think her tylenol is kicking in, whew. She's finally woken up and starting to crawl around. Thanks for the prayers!
When we were being discharged, the nurse couldn't tell me how much tylenol to give her though! She said I'd have to call the pharmacy w/ her weight and tell them what kind of tylenol I have. It was so frustrating! Surrounded by doctors and nurses and noone can tell me how much tylenol?! Please!
Hello world!
3 years ago
1 comment:
Dr. Sears' Medicine Cabinet has a ton of information about dosages, all the ones that say "consult your doctor".
Post a Comment