Sunday, February 11, 2007

Mind your Marraige

The KCDSG hosted a Mind your Marraige seminar this weekend. They paid for our room at a fancy hotel on the plaza, we were on the 12th floor...included free drinks during happy hour and an amazing spread for breakfast! High class...we're not used to that! We had a lot of fun.

We had a chance to meet and chat with lots of parents, it's so fun to share stories (and pictures of course.) I always feel like I learn so much from the other parents too!

I ran into a mom I met last summer. Her daughter is 2 months younger than Chelsea and I hadn't talked to her since her daughter had OHS. Of course she's like new and doing great! Yeah!!! Ryan and her husband really clicked. Would you know there's another man out there just like my hubby? They didn't even talk about the kids, just about hunting. I think they were immediately "attracted" to each other when they noticed they were both wearing camoflauge hats! In fact I think they were more excited to talk to each other than they were to talk to their wives!

Needless to say we all ended up going to eat together at the Cheesecake Factory (can I say mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...) We ate at the bar b/c they were packed and a man sitting behind us started talking to us and of course the subject of our kids came up. The other mom and I were telling him about our "angels" We got the typical "AHH" look/reaction at first, but then we made it clear how blessed we are! Of course we had pix on hand so he took our pix and was showing his wife (they have 2 "typical" kids). He came back w/ the pix and he had a tear in his eye! He was touched by our stories I guess. My friend and I went to the bathroom and returned to 2 huge pieces of cheesecake compliments of this gentleman! (It was ironic he actually ordered the exact kind of cheesecake I would have ordered, Godiva chocolate!) They left before us. Then when we were leaving we asked for the ticket, and the server said that man took care of it all! Wow! You know eating at the Cheesecake Factory (four people!) isn't cheap! We were just in shock! I told my friend...should I be upset b/c he may have done that b/c he felt sorry for us? She said, haven't you ever accepted a drink from a man you knew you weren't going home with? Good point!

Since we didn't have to buy dinner last night we stopped and bought a cheesecake to bring home this morning. Can I recommend white chocolate rasberry truffle?!! I think that's the best I've ever had!

No comments: