Saturday, December 30, 2006

Superman to the Rescue!

There's never a dull moment at our house. I'm so freaked out! This afternoon, Logan said "Mom, Chelsea has something in her mouth." Well I picked her up and she had a piece of plastic in her hand, and I didn't feel anything or see anything in her mouth. I thought she was fine, then she gagged a little and I checked her mouth again, barely felt the tip of something and luckily pulled it out. It was a piece of plastic that was already half way down her throat! What kind of a baby toy is this? It came off of this toy.

It's that crinkly plastic stuff that is noisy to the touch. I don't know how she got it off, but that toy is going in the trash! I told her brother he saved her life. It just so happens he's been running around in his superman pj's all afternoon!
He said to her, "Chelsea, I'm superman, I saved your life."

I fully intend to write a letter in hopes that this baby toy will be recalled. The problem is the tag was removed from the toy and I have no idea who makes it. If you have any idea, please let me know!

3 comments:

jennifergg said...

Yikes we have the very same toy! Thanks for the warning!

You have a beautiful family and a lovely blog. I am starting a new one, for parents of children with Down syndrome, called Pinwheels. Is it okay if I link to you?

You can view it at: http://jennifergrafgroneberg.wordpress.com/

Anonymous said...

It looks like a "Sassy" brand toy. I am glad you caught this in time.

Anonymous said...

hey carey, this is your oldest little sister. i just wanted to give you crap for falling behind on the "watch chelsea grow' thing....she's almost 12 mo's old and you are still on the 10 month picture! tsk tsk. stop eating bon bons and get on the ball.