Monday, September 25, 2006

Dancing for Down Syndrome

Chelsea on stage with mommy before projecting her montage, Dream Big, on the wall.


Mommy had both kiddos on stage. They're not shy at all. As if they don't get enough attention.


Here I am teaching the routine to Dream Big. If you look at the wall behind me you can see a baby picture of Chelsea. Her video was a big hit!


Logan dancing with Grandpa Eric. They looked great!


I don't know where to begin. I am so ecstatic right now. We had such an amazing turnout at our fundraiser last night. I feel so lucky to know such wonderful people. The instructors did an amazing job preparing for the big day and reminding everyone. Then I felt like the class went awesome. We projected the music videos to our music while we danced. The lights were low, and the room was full of energy. Although there were many new people who weren't familiar with the dance routines, nobody cared! We all just kept moving and did our best. We ended the class with a few strength training routines on the floor, one of which was to the song "Dream Big". I was lucky enough to teach this song and we played Chelsea's montage during the routine. I think many people were watching the video and hardly doing the moves. It was such a special song. I also had a chance to share some of my thoughts and feelings with everyone before the song started. I just want everyone to know how lucky we are to have her and how happy she makes us. She fills me with love and happiness. I have never felt happier! I know when many of you heard about her diagnosis, you probably thought or even said to your family...'I feel so bad for them.' I hope now you see there is NO reason to feel sorry for us. We are just like you, except we were lucky enough to be blessed with our little angel!

So now I'm sure you all want to know...how much money did we make for our Buddy Walk Team??? $825!!!! Wow can you believe it??!!! That puts our team total over $1300!!! Not too bad for our first year. Thank you to everyone who donated, taught, and participated. Your support has been tremendous. Thank you for caring so much about us and our family. I hope Chelsea has touched you as much as she has touched all of us.

Here are some of our favorite pictures.










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can get tops with self bras. That way, your straps won't show. Just a hint!